Bula Vinaka Team Mana Island swimmers & supporters,
After a great weekend at the 2018 Mana Island Ocean Swim, Fiji Swimming would like to send our heartfelt thank you for attending Mana. With the early tide times, it was a journey to get onto Mana, at the odd hours that we traveled.
However, we had a great representation across the different clubs totaling 60 participants as per below breakdown.
- 27 x Babale
- 13 x Barracuda
- 16 x Dolphins
- 4 x Orcas
Fiji Swimming is proud of your representation at the 2018 Mana Ocean Swim, and would like to thank you for your participation. There was tough competition from abroad, including a few swimmers who represented Australia at the 2016 Oceania here in Fiji. A special shout-out and Congratulations to the below place winners:
- Matelita Buadromo (Dolphins) for winning 1st place in the 5km women’s division
- Tilali Scanlan (Dolphins) for winning 2nd place in the 5km women’s division
- Loren Eastgate (Babale) for winning 2nd place in the 2.5km women’s division.
- Paul Colville (Babale) for winning 2nd place in the 5km men’s division.
- Marion Kotobalavu (Dolphins) for winning 2nd place in the 1km women’s division.
To all our Age Group swimmers who braved the choppy waters out in Mana, and competed in the Open Division – a well deserved achievement – congratulations!
Once results are sent, I will forward accordingly.
David Dugu, Fiji Swimming (29/10/2018)