Fiji swimming departs from the Samoa Aquatic Center this evening, completing Day 2 of pool competition with two Silvers, and three Bronze medals. Congratulations to the following swimmers who have made our country proud while providing stiff competition to our competitors. Fiji Swimming is proud to announce that all our swimmers at these games are all Fiji based nationals who have been tirelessly preparing under local club training regimes, and their results are a real testament of the effective high performance programs being implemented.
As they walk out of the aquatic center this evening, Team Fiji is proud to have observed the Fiji flag hoisted up during the medal ceremonies for the following events:
• Women’s 50m Backstroke – Silver to Cheyenne Rova
• Men’s 50m Backstroke – Silver to Netani Ross
• Women’s 400m Individual Medley – Bronze to Rosemarie Rova
• Women’s 4 x200m Freestyle Relay – Bronze to Yolani Blake, Rosemarie Rova, Marion Kotobalavu, and Cheyenne Rova
• Men’s 4x200m Freestyle Relay – Bronze to Temafa Yalimaiwai, Taichi Vakasama, Hansel McCaig and Herbert Rabua
Fiji Swimming is proud of the performances displayed by the team. The sheer physical strength to swim morning heats aiming to secure a spot in the final is an extremely competitive feat. The finals so far have seen a significant difference from the morning heats. The finalists returning to the pool in the afternoon, have been inspiring as they race the same event a second time, battling for a spot on the medal podium. As the team returns home to rest, Fiji Swimming would like to thank all the supporters Samoa who have come out in numbers to support our swimmers.